Vox Obscura, a new Exotic quest, just added to Destiny 2’s Season of the Risen. In this assignment, just like in Presage and Harbinger, the players must complete a series of tasks within a set amount of time.
The Dead Messenger, an exotic wave-frame grenade launcher that fires a fan of energy rather than a straight line, is awarded for completing this task.
Vox Obscura Destiny 2 is one of the newest additions in endgame content, introduced in the Season of the Lost.
This mysterious activity takes place in the Shattered Realm, a space between realities that is now accessible to Guardians.
Vox Obscura is a unique challenge that requires a team of three to complete, and it offers some of the best rewards in the game you will find out How to get Vox Obscura Destiny 2 here.
The finest techniques for How to Unlock Vox Obscura Destiny 2 and How to Get Vox Obscura Destiny 2 are covered in this tutorial, along with information on all modifiers on Normal & Master, which arms & subclasses you should carry. Be prepared to employ a Void subclass if you want to beat this on Master without dying.
Related: Who is Xur Destiny 2
How to get Vox Obscura Destiny 2?
Vox Obscura is an Exotic mission in Destiny 2 that was introduced in Season of the Risen. However, obtaining Vox Obscura can be challenging. Here’s how to get it:
- Complete the Seasonal Introductory Quest: To gain access to the mission, you must first complete the introductory quest for the Season of the Risen. This quest is given to you by Commander Zavala in the Tower and will guide you through the basics of the season’s story and mechanics.
- Find and Complete the Quest for Vox Obscura: Once you have completed the introductory quest, you will be directed to speak with Mara Sov in the Dreaming City. Mara Sov will then give you a new quest called “Lost Opportunities,” which will lead you to Vox Obscura.
- Complete Vox Obscura: Vox Obscura is a challenging mission that requires a team of three players to complete. The mission takes place in the Shattered Realm, a space between realities that is accessible through the Dreaming City. Vox Obscura consists of multiple encounters that require teamwork, communication, and skill to complete. Successfully completing the mission on Normal difficulty will reward you with the Dead Messenger.
- Attempt Master Difficulty: Once you have completed Vox Obscura on Normal difficulty, you can attempt it on Master difficulty. This is an even more challenging version of the mission that requires even greater coordination and skill. Successfully completing the mission on Master difficulty will reward you with the Dead Messenger Vox Obscura Destiny 2 catalyst, which allows you to upgrade the weapon further.
To obtain Vox Obscura Destiny 2, you must complete the Seasonal Introductory Quest, speak with Mara Sov to obtain the “Lost Opportunities” quest, complete Vox Obscura on Normal difficulty, and then attempt it on Vox Obscura master difficulties for the Dead Messenger Catalyst.
The Vox Obscura catalyst in Destiny 2
The Vox Obscura catalyst is an upgrade for the Dead Messenger Exotic Wave-Frame Grenade Launcher in Destiny 2.
The catalyst is obtained by completing the Vox Obscura mission on Master difficulty. This mission is a challenging Exotic mission that requires a team of three players to complete.
The mission takes place in the Shattered Realm, a space between realities that is accessible through the Dreaming City.
Once you have completed the Vox Obscura mission on Master difficulty, you will receive the Dead Messenger Catalyst.
This Vox Obscura Destiny 2 catalyst allows you to upgrade the Dead Messenger further, increasing its effectiveness and power.
Specifically, the catalyst adds the “Reservoir Burst” perk to the Dead Messenger, which increases the magazine size and blast radius of the weapon.
To complete the Vox Obscura mission on Master difficulty, you will need to have a coordinated team with good communication and strong equipment.
The mission is extremely challenging and requires a high level of skill and coordination to complete. However, the reward of the Vox Obscura catalysts is well worth the effort.
The Vox Obscura Destiny 2 catalysts are obtained by completing the Vox Obscura mission on Master difficulty.
This catalyst upgrades the Dead Messenger Exotic Wave-Frame Grenade Launcher by adding the “Reservoir Burst” perks, increasing its magazine size and blast radius.
Related: Darkness in the light Destiny 2
Vox Obscura Master in Destiny 2
Vox Obscura Master is the most challenging difficulty level of the Vox Obscura Exotic mission in Destiny 2 and it such mysterious How to unlock Vox Obscura. This mission requires a team of three players to complete and takes place in the Shattered Realm, a space between realities that is accessible through the Dreaming City.
Completing the Vox Obscura Destiny 2 master difficulty rewards players with the Vox Obscura catalysts, which upgrades the Exotic Wave-Frame Grenade Launcher.
To successfully complete Vox Obscura Destiny 2 masters, you and your team will need to be well-coordinated and have strong equipment. The following advice can help you and your team succeed:
- Use a Void subclass: The Void subclass is particularly effective in the Shattered Realm due to the high number of Taken enemies. The Void subclass allows you to create Orbs of Light, which can be used to charge your Supers and abilities.
- Bring weapons with Void damage: Similar to using a Void subclass, using weapons with Void damage will be particularly effective against the Taken enemies in the Shattered Realm.
- Watch out for the time limit: Vox Obscura Master has a strict time limit, so make sure you’re moving quickly and efficiently. Take advantage of shortcuts and avoid getting bogged down by enemies.
- Coordinate with your team: Communication is key in Vox Obscura Destiny 2 master. Make sure you’re communicating with your team about which enemies to take down first and where to go next.
- Take advantage of cover: There are plenty of places to take cover in the Shattered Realm, so make use of them. This will help you avoid taking damage and stay alive longer.
By following these tips and working together with your team, you can successfully complete Vox Obscura masters and earn the Vox Obscura Destiny 2 catalyst.
Loadout for Vox Obscura in Destiny 2
If you’re planning to take on the challenging Vox Obscura mission in Destiny 2, it’s important to have the right loadout. Below are some recommendations for a full team of Guardians taking on the Master difficulty level.
While these load-outs are tailored towards the added challenges of Master difficulty, they can still be useful for those attempting the Normal level.
- For Warlocks, the Void Medic & Support build is highly recommended. Use Aspects like Child of the Old Gods and Feed the Void (or Chaos Accelerant) and Fragments such as Echo of Expulsion, Echo of Obscurity, Echo of Leeching, and Echo of Remnants.
- Equip Exotic Armor like Eye of another World or Nezarec’s Sin (Contraverse Hold if using Chaos Accelerant).
- For weapons, use Ignition Code or Pardon Our Dust with Blinding Grenades (Arbalest if solo), a Void Hand Cannon or Pulse Rifle, and Gjallarhorn (Linear Fusion Rifle if solo).
- The following mods are advised: Volatile Rounds, Bountiful Wells, 2x Utility Kickstart, Unstoppable Champion Mod, Harmonic Syphon, and 2x Elemental Ordnance.
- Use Nova Bomb Cataclysm for your super and Vortex Grenade and Healing Well for your abilities.
By following these loadout recommendations, you’ll be better prepared to take on the challenges of Vox Obscura and increase your chances of success.
Related: Shattered Throne map
Vox Obscura is a difficult but rewarding Exotic mission in Destiny 2. Players who successfully complete it on Master difficulty will earn the Dead Messenger Exotic Wave-Frame Grenade Launcher and its Vox obscura Destiny 2 catalysts, which can enhance the weapon’s performance even further.
To complete this mission, Guardians will need to work together with their teammates, communicate effectively, and make strategic use of their subclass abilities and weapons.
With the right preparation and approach, the Vox Obscura mission can be a thrilling and satisfying challenge for Destiny 2 players.
Frequently asked questions
Do you need a season pass for dead messenger?
Unlock the Kill the Messenger quest in Destiny 2, owning the Witch Queen expansion is not mandatory. However, players must possess the Season Pass for Season of the Risen to access the quest. The Season Pass is available as part of The Witch Queen’s deluxe bundle or can be purchased for 1,000 Silver through the Eververse store.
How do I start Vox Obscura Master?
At the start of Vox Obscura in Destiny 2, players will spawn outside a Cabal hangar on Mars. The objective is to infiltrate the hangar and acquire a Cabal Interceptor. This section of the mission does not have a time limit, so players can proceed at their own pace. They can either eliminate the Cabal guards or bypass them without engaging in combat.
Is Vox Obscura replayable?
Moreover, Vox Obscura Destiny 2 is a repeatable mission that rewards players with Pinnacle gear. Apart from the PsiOps Battlegrounds and the Dead Messenger quest, Season of the Risen offers additional objectives, such as new seasonal items and weekly challenges, for players to strive towards.
Does Vox Obscura have a time limit?
At the beginning of the quest, players will spawn outside a Cabal Hangar on Mars. The goal is to obtain a Cabal Interceptor, and this section of the mission does not have a time limit.
Is Master Vox Obscura timed?
Vox Obscura Destiny 2 is an Exotic mission that requires players to complete time-sensitive objectives in order to thwart the Cabal’s plans on Mars. Successful completion of the mission rewards Guardians with the Dead Messenger Exotic weapon.